Start a GroupCould your church run a Celebrate Recovery group and bring the healing power of Jesus Christ to all those who are hurting in your church family and community?
Here are six things to do to get started:
Senior Church Leader support is crucial for your success.
Talk to your church leaders about your desire to run Celebrate Recovery.
Purchase the basic curriculum:
– The Celebrate Recovery ‘ Leaders’ Guide’
– The first four Celebrate Recovery Participant’s Guides (often referred to as ‘The Journey’s Begins’)
You can purchase the curriculum direct from Purpose Driven UK.
Contact your nearest Celebrate Recovery Regional Representative to let them know you are interested in running Celebrate Recovery. They can:
– Add you to our friends’ list so you will receive our quarterly newsletters.
– Send you our free ‘Introducing Celebrate Recovery USB – a pack for UK churches’. This contains helpful UK videos and presentations to introduce CR to your team and church and ensure your CR group is a safe and authentic one.
– Support you and your team with guidance and training.
– Answer any questions you may have.
Visit an established Celebrate Recovery group to see the programme in action.
Visit our Find a Group page to find a group local to you.
With the support of your senior church leader, we suggest you recruit a minimum of two male and two female leaders who have recovery experience to join your team to lead the group.
Go through the Participants’ Guides together to familiarise yourself with the programme. The Leader’s Guide and the Introducing Celebrate Recovery USB both explain this.
Useful tools can be found on our CR Tools Page.
With your team, attend the next UK Conference or ‘Introducing Celebrate Recovery’ meeting.
Information about these events can be found on our Events Page.
Once your group has been running for 3 months, your regional rep will check that your group is following the DNA. Once this check has taken place, you can register your group for the website, enabling people in your area to find you, knowing you run a safe and approved ministry.