The Celebrate Recovery DNA
Celebrate Recovery® desires to be a network of like-minded, Bible based Christ-centered recovery ministries. This growing network crosses denominational and cultural boundaries to help hurting people in our church and community. There are many benefits of using the Celebrate Recovery® name, here are just a few:
Your ministry is part of an international movement to bring Christ-centered Bible based recovery to the world. As a genuine Celebrate Recovery ministry you join in a network of thousands of other local Celebrate Recovery ministries reaching people for Christ and helping them break free from their hurts, hang-ups, and habits.
Your ministry has the support and partnership of the Celebrate Recovery National Team, as well as assistance from your State and Regional Representatives. These entities work to help your ministry succeed.
Your ministry has access to the materials and resources from Saddleback Church that have proven to be invaluable tools in recovery.
Your ministry is validated in your church and community by being associated with Celebrate Recovery.
Your ministry is listed with the other Celebrate Recovery programs on the official Celebrate Recovery® websites. It is our desire for each local Celebrate Recovery ministry to have a clear and consistent character that identifies it as a genuine part of the Celebrate Recovery movement, yet maintaining its own creative distinctions of the local ministry and church. The Celebrate Recovery® name is a registered trademark. In a desire to protect the integrity of the broader ministry, Celebrate Recovery® requires that if you use the Celebrate Recovery® name that the following are an irreducible minimum of your program.
The DNA of an authentic Celebrate Recovery® Ministry.
1. Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is Christ-centered.
2. The Celebrate Recovery curriculum is used exclusively (the Leader’s Guide and the four Participants Guides, and the Bible). The Large Group lessons are taught from the Leader’s Guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, while allowing creativity for the teachers.
3. The ministry is “group based.” All groups are gender specific and use the group guidelines and format.
4. The Celebrate Recovery “Five Small Group Guidelines” are implemented and followed.
5. Accountability to Christ, the local church, and Celebrate Recovery at Saddleback Church. A church or organization may decide to use the Celebrate Recovery® curriculum and mix it with other materials, or other programs, which is certainly up to their discretion.
HOWEVER, they are prohibited from using the Celebrate Recovery® name. Items produced for commercial sale using the Celebrate Recovery name are strictly prohibited.
Questions regarding Celebrate Recovery® trademark guidelines or violations should be directed to TMoote@PurposeDriven.com.